Home » News

Karunanidhi indicates quitting GOI if international investigations not taken up

[TamilNet, Monday, 18 March 2013 10:16 No Comment]

If the Government of India is not going to take an effort to modify the US-tabled resolution at Geneva, to have provisions without any ambiguity for an independent international investigation on the genocide that took place in Ilangkai [Sri Lanka], for the identification of the war criminals responsible and for action within a stipulated period of time, there would be no point in the DMK continuing any further in the cabinet of the Government of India, said a press statement of the DMK chief Mr. M. Karunanidhi, released from the DMK Headquarters on Friday. In the wake of varied campaign on the US-tabled resolution at the UNHRC, the DMK wants to make clear of its position with assurance, the press release of Mr. Karunanidhi further said.

The press statement coming from Mr Karunanidhi himself is significant in the background of varied approaches to the issue found followed earlier in the DMK camp, political observers in Chennai said.

PDF: Press statement on US resolution by DMK Chief Mr Karunanidhi

[Full Coverage]

(For updates you can share with your friends, follow TNN on Facebook, Twitter and Google+)

Comments are closed.